As per your Purchase Agreement, GST (5%) is not included in the Purchase Price. Per Addendum A (31.7 Goods and Services Tax) GST must be paid at closing. The developer will not amend the purchase agreement to include GST or include a GST rebate on the Statement of Adjustments, as we can not verify an owner’s usage intent (primary residence vs. income residence) and thereby can not be asked to claim a rebate on behalf of eligible owners.
Once you have successfully closed on your home, and if eligible, you may apply for the GST rebate. It is your responsibility to complete the Application.
Here is how the process typically works:
1. You can download the rebate application below.
- Section B – House information: Plan # – will be noted on statement of adjustments at closing, Lot # – not required
- Section D – We have already pre-filled section D for you. Please do not alter any of the text as it may result in denial of application). Builder signature not requried (as confirmed by CRA).
- Your residential unit (RU) number is not your suite number, it is the legal description of your unit (noted on each page of your purchase agreement and your statement of adjustments)
- Pre-Filled GST Application
- (some older software/computers do not read the fillable GST application. If you are having trouble,Click here for a scanned copy)
2. Send to CRA (after you have closed). That’s it!
GST Rebate Guide (info): http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/gp/rc4028/rc4028-e.html
For more information, please speak with your bank and or lawyer.3002_001